Sunday, January 26, 2020

8/8

I got my ignition coils on Monday, which was MLK day and I was off work, so I installed them, changed the oil, and fired her back up. Enjoy some ear candy.


Grace is running quite good now but I'm a bit concerned about the amount of smoke and it's bluish hue... Seeing that I had the heads rebuilt and the valve seals are new, it's not likely that the oil is coming from the top end. When I had the engine torn down one of the cylinder bores had a lot of taper, so I'm suspecting that the oil is coming past the rings on that cylinder. If that's the case, at least there are a lot of Explorer engines out there in wrecking yards!



Beyond that, I didn't do much on the Falcon project. But seeing that I was off work and the wife and little man were in California, I took the chance to celebrate MLK day the way I'm sure Dr. King would have if he had seen racial equality in his lifetime. I built myself a welding table.







That's all for now. In the meantime stay fresh, cheese bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment